Friday, June 4, 2010

Cold Turkey, Obesity and Sterilization

Cold Turkey, Obesity and Sterilization

Cold Turkey, Obesity and Sterilization

John Lennon Cold turkey

“Temperature’s rising Fever is high Can’t see no future Can’t see no sky My feet are so heavy So is my head I wish I was a baby I wish I was dead Cold turkey has got me on the run My body is aching Goose-pimple bone Can’t see no body Leave me alone My eyes are wide open Can’t get to sleep One thing I’m sure of I’m in at the deep freeze Cold turkey has got me on the run Cold turkey has got me on the run Thirty-six hours Rolling in pain Praying to someone Free me again Oh I’ll be a good boy Please make me well I promise you anything Get me out of this hell Cold turkey has got me on the run Oh, oh, oh, oh.” Lyrics by John Lennon.

“Cold Turkey” describes the actions of a person who gives up a habit or addiction all at once — that is, rather than gradually easing the process through reduction or by using replacement medication.

A substance that is becoming increasingly addictive is food. We know this because obesity has become a growing concern among both genders and all age groups in the U.S. In 1962, 13 percent of the American population was classified as obese. By 1994, this number had increased to 23 percent. According to 2007 estimates from the National Center for Health Statistics of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, over 60 percent of U.S. adult women are overweight with just over one-third of overweight adult women considered obese.

Read full article at Heroin and Cornflakes....

No comments:

Post a Comment